Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Google Apology

A "funny" thing happened on a recent Google expedition. I entered the word "Jew" into the search engine bar and noticed an apology in the top right corner first position of the results page. Naturally, being the ever curious blogger that I am, I clicked on the link, and what to my wondering eyes did appear? This page from Google with a profuse apology for delivering offensive content to my computer screen!

As a side note: I also entered terms into Google's search engine that contained what most people would consider to be racial slurs to various ethnic groups, resulting pages displayed NO apologies to any of the numerous ethnic groups that were found by the search engine!

*Any chance that this is an indication of WHO controls what we can find on the Internet?

Information used in this blog is reproduced in accordance with Section 107 of title 17 of the Copyright Law of the United States relating to fair-use and is for the purposes of criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research.