If I had a choice, I would love to wake each day and be able to be happy and ignorant of the terror that surrounds us, believe me, I have tried! Apparently my brain is wired differently, or it's like certain drugs, once experienced, the neural networks in your brain are forever sensitised to it's effects.
Whatever the reason, among my circle of social contact, I'm the only one seeing the 800 pound pile of steaming shit in the living room, and no one else has access to a shovel except myself.
This is the typical day of the person that shares my house:
- Get up from bed about 10:00 am
- Log onto Facebook
- Tune the television onto the Today show, The View, and the soaps, after which the rest of the day the teevee is tuned to one crime drama or another.
- Eat whatever is the quickest and least nutritious food they can squeeze in between Farmville, Cafe World, Frontier Land, and Petville, sprinkled with lots of IM chats and quickie shape blasting games.
- Drink some sort of alcoholic beverage as soon they they get any kind of feeling that there may be something going on in the world that might not be quite right
- Spend time on the phone talking about their online games with people just like themselves
- Go to bed, repeat 7 days a week!
It's a heavy burden I bear, but if I can do nothing else in this life, I hope that this account will prevent anyone that is thinking of venturing into the valley of truth, to think hard and long before doing it!
Once Truth is experienced, there IS NO GOING BACK!!!!